Health & Productivity Management
Certified under “White 500”
MK SEIKO was highly praised for its “management philosophy and measures”, “programs and policies”, and “evaluation and improvements”, resulting in this certification.
We have particularly been active in various kinds of polices aimed at improving employee health with a focus on the following three points.
- ・Preventing aggravation of illnesses such as lifestyle diseases among people at high risk
- ・Reducing rate of smoking among employees
- ・Improving rate of undergoing medical examinations such as thorough checkups and any other examinations
- What is the “White 500”?
- The Health and Productivity Enterprise Certification Program recognizes companies such as major corporations and small and medium-sized enterprises for putting into practice particularly outstanding health management.
Among the Health and Productivity Enterprises (Large-scale Corporation Section), only the top 500 companies in terms of health management survey results are certified as “White 500” companies.
Health is key to people’s happiness. The health of employees and their families helps companies grow and it is needed to fulfill social responsibility. We see health as the most important aspect of management, and are practicing health management that maintains and improves the physical and mental health of employees and their families.
In collaboration with all interested parties, we have built and improved systems and programs and provided all kinds of support for and raised awareness of medical checkups and health guidance.
Towards the realization of fundamental ideas
We set the goals for important health issues, and continually resolve by utilizing the PDCA cycle. The medical expense per employee has been decreasing by initiatives such as introducing subsidies for the cost of checkups (up to ¥10,000 for comprehensive medical checkup, ¥5,000 for through checkup, and ¥5,000 for Smoking cessation clinic, etc.) and enrichment the health guidance for employees.
Goals and initiatives for important health issues
- Preventing aggravation of illnesses such as lifestyle diseases among people at high risk
- Aim for reducing the rate of metabolic syndrome*1 to 25% or lower. Raising daily awareness of health by, for example, regularly issuing “Health News” by the occupational health nurse.
- Reducing rate of smoking
- Aim for smoking rate of 25% or lower. (FY 2019: 32.5%, FY 2018: 33.5%)
We promote non-smoking by addressing the issues of smoking at various occasions such as in-house trainings. In addition, we create an opportunity to tackle non-smoking by setting certain time of the day employees may not smoke.
- Improving rate of undergoing medical examinations such as thorough checkups and any other examinations
- Aim to increase the rate of people undergoing thorough checkups to 65% or higher.(FY 2019: 52.2%, FY 2018: 52.1%)
Occupational health nurse individually recommends medical examinations to people eligible for a thorough checkup and provides individual guidance to people not undergoing medical examinations such as thorough checkups.
- *1 The total rate of people who have metabolic syndrome and those at risk in the future. (FY 2019: 29.3%, FY 2018: 31.0%)
- ・Initiatives towards a general periodic medical check-up rate of 100% (Achieved in FY 2019)
- ・Dietary check and counselling by nutritionist (Achieved to reduce weight by average 5% in 3 months)
- ・Exercise guidance by a professional trainer
- ・Promoting Work style reform by encouraging employees to take consecutive leave etc.
- ・Initiatives to encourage participation in health-promoting activities such as those held by health insurance society (Certified as “Kenko ACE Company 2018” by Nagano Prefecture)
Certified as Health ACE Company 2018
Health management room and public health nurse