Health & Productivity Management
Certified under “White 500”
MK SEIKO was highly praised for its “management philosophy and measures”, “programs and policies”, and “evaluation and improvements”, resulting in this certification.
We have particularly been active in various kinds of polices aimed at improving employee health with a focus on the following three points.
- ・Preventing aggravation of illnesses such as lifestyle diseases among people at high risk
- ・Reducing rate of smoking among employees
- ・Improving rate of undergoing medical examinations such as thorough checkups and any other examinations
- What is the “White 500”?
- The Health and Productivity Enterprise Certification Program recognizes companies such as major corporations and small and medium-sized enterprises for putting into practice particularly outstanding health management.
Among the Health and Productivity Enterprises (Large-scale Corporation Section), only the top 500 companies in terms of health management survey results are certified as “White 500” companies.
Health is key to people’s happiness. The health of employees and their families helps companies grow and it is needed to fulfill social responsibility. We see health as the most important aspect of management, and are practicing health management that maintains and improves the physical and mental health of employees and their families.
In collaboration with all interested parties, we have built and improved systems and programs and provided all kinds of support for and raised awareness of medical checkups and health guidance.
Actual activities and results
- Preventing aggravation of illnesses such as lifestyle diseases among people at high risk
- Raising daily awareness of health by, for example, regularly issuing “Health News” by the occupational health nurse. Giving health guidance and recommending medical checkups to people with poor control*1 and people with poor management*2 by means such as interviews, e-mail, telephone or written communication.
- Reducing rate of smoking among employees
- Encouraging smokers to quit by raising the problem of smoking in various kinds of in-house training. Every Wednesday and the last Friday of the month*3 have been made non-smoking days to prompt smokers to quit.
- Improving rate of undergoing medical examinations such as thorough checkups and any other examinations
- Occupational health nurse individually recommends medical examinations to people eligible for a thorough checkup and provides individual guidance to people not undergoing medical examinations such as thorough checkups.
- *1 Those whose medical examination score is not good despite undergoing treatment
- *2 Those who may have a stroke or heart attack in the relatively near future or are at high risk of dialysis whether undergoing medical treatment or not
- *3 To be added sequentially
Other initiatives and achievements
- ・Guidance and follow-up advice from the public health nurse
- ・Exercise guidance by a professional trainer
- ・Promoting Work style reform by encouraging employees to take consecutive leave etc.
- ・As a result of dietary check and counselling by nutritionist, the participants achieved average 5% weight reduction.
- ・The consultation rate of general checkup achieved 100%. (2019)
- ・For encouraging participation in activities held by health insurance society, etc., we were certified as a “Kenko ACE Company 2018” by Nagano Prefecture.
Certified as Health ACE Company 2018
Health management room and public health nurse