Health & Productivity Management
Certified under “White 500”
MK SEIKO has been recognized as a Certified Health and Productivity Management Organization (White 500) for three consecutive years. We will continue to improve productivity of our employees and increase corporate value by maintaining and promoting the health of our employees, as well as making active and ongoing efforts to create a safe and comfortable work environment.
- What is the “White 500”?
- The Health and Productivity Enterprise Certification Program recognizes companies such as major corporations and small and medium-sized enterprises for putting into practice particularly outstanding health management.
Among the Health and Productivity Enterprises (Large-scale Corporation Section), only the top 500 companies in terms of health management survey results are certified as “White 500” companies.
Health is key to people’s happiness. The health of employees and their families helps companies grow and it is needed to fulfill social responsibility. We see health as the most important aspect of management, and are practicing health management that maintains and improves the physical and mental health of employees and their families.
In collaboration with all interested parties, we have built and improved systems and programs and provided all kinds of support for and raised awareness of medical checkups and health guidance.
MK SEIKO Co., Ltd.
Health and Productivity Management System
Our president as a head, director in charge and promotion department will cooperate with industrial physician and the health insurance society to lead all directors and employees to work on health and productivity management.
Towards the realization of fundamental ideas
We consider "improving productivity by improving the lifestyles and health of employees" and "securing and retaining diverse human resources" are the management issues related to health.
We set the goals for important health issues, and continually resolve them by utilizing the PDCA cycle. Through these efforts, we aim to further enhance our corporate value.
Health and Productivity Management Strategy Map
We work on health and productivity management by creating a Health and Productivity Management Strategy Map that summarizes the connections between the management issues we wish to resolve through health management, the expected effects, and specific initiatives.
Goals and initiatives to improve employees' lifestyles and health
- Promoting mental health
- We aim to improve the work environment and reduce the number of employees at high-stress level. The rate of employees at high-stress level decreased to 0.89 in FY2022 when that of FY2021 was set at 1. We provide workplace-based health counseling, self-care training for all age groups, and activities to improve the workplace environment by utilizing stress checks by public health nurse who is also a certified psychologist. For self-care training, the age group has been further expanded since FY2022.
- Preventing aggravation of illnesses such as lifestyle diseases among people at high risk
Aim for reducing the rate of metabolic syndrome*1 to 25% or lower. (FY2020: 31.2%) However, the rate is rising due to the prolonged effects of the COVID-19. Raising daily awareness of health by, for example, regularly issuing “Health News” by the occupational health nurse, individual health guidance, health consultations. We also encourage participation in health-promoting activities organized by health insurance society and focus on improving the implementation rate of specific health guidance. Moreover, we carry out individual health guidance for young employees by registered dietitian.
*1 The total rate of people who have metabolic syndrome and those at risk in the future.
- Reducing rate of smoking
- Aim for smoking rate of 20％ or lower .(FY2021:28.4％) The smoking rate has been decreasing as a result of "No Smoking in Office Project". We will continue to further promote employees' smoking cessation by providing full subsidies for smoking cessation clinic fee.
President Maruyama participated in The 94th Annual Meeting of Japan Society for Occupational Health
Developing the exercise habit through yoga experience at Josenzan Kannonji Temple (Chikuma City, Nagano)
List of Health and Productivity Management Indicators
Indicators related to physical health and lifestyle, those related to mental health promotion and organizational rejuvenation, health literacy score, and future initiatives
Initiatives for securing and retaining a diverse workforce
As an R&D-based finished product manufacturer headquartered in Nagano Prefecture, securing human resources is a source of growth for our company. Our challenge is to become the employer of choice for outstanding human resources nationwide, and to provide a work environment that encourages employees to maintain and promote their physical and mental health to achieve higher performance. We aim to improve the five-year average of the new graduate three-year turnover rate to 7% or less.（The five-year average of new graduate three-year turnover rate was 8.2% in FY2015-FY2019）
Effects of Initiatives
As a result of various approaches to workstyles, including health and productivity management, the number of job applications from graduate students and undergraduates has been increasing year by year, and in 2022, the number of applications we received was 8.4 times more than that of 2010.
Platinum Kurumin Certification｜
Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Eruboshi (Stage3) certification｜
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
Supported action declaration of “Male leaders efforts to promote women's active role in Japan” ｜
Obtained symbol for promoting a “workplace environment that allows employees to balance work and nursing”
｜Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Shokuba Ikiiki Advance Company Certification Advance Plus
Work-life Balance Course, Diversity Course, Next Generation Course
- ・Medical and health-related investments: Approximately 5 million yen (FY2021)
- ・Weekly diet check and counseling by nutritionist
- ・Cutting down on salt and improving menus at the company cafeteria
- ・Exercise guidance by a professional trainer
- ・Participating in health-promoting activities organized by health insurance society
- ・Health tourism for new employees (Meditation experience and yoga)
- ・Providing opportunity to take a gynecological examination (We provide opportunities not only to our employees, but also to dependents and female employees of client companies)
- ・Holding women's health seminars (Participants: Female employees and male managers)
- ・Holding harassment prevention training for directors
- ・Holding smoking cessation seminars
- ・Subsidies for smoking cessation clinic fee
- ・Subsidies for genetic analysis service costs